What Are Hormones
Hormones are chemicals made by glands that travel through the bloodstream and bind to receptors on or inside cells. For proper function, each hormone must fit its receptor like a key in a lock. When the key and lock don’t fit exactly, health problems can result. This is why your body’s own hormones (or “bioidentical” hormones) are better than synthetic, foreign ones.
Hormones are the language that cells use to communicate. They play a role in:
- Growth, development, & reproduction
- Repair of skin, muscle, & bone
- Immune system function
- Blood sugar regulation
- Overall energy level
- Brain function & mood
When you consider that hormones are involved in nearly everything that goes on in your body, it’s no wonder that an imbalance in hormones can cause so many health problems.
As you embark on your optimal aging journey, these 5 HormoneSynergy Principles are very important to remember.
The 5 HormoneSynergy Principles
- Hormone imbalance can occur at any age, and many hormones decline with age.
- Aging accelerates as hormone levels decline.
- As hormone levels decline, health declines.
- Hormone balance is greatly influenced by diet and lifestyle choices.
- Bioidentical hormones are best if supplementing.
How do you know if you have a hormone imbalance?
Review the symptoms listed on Women and Men to determine the possibility that you have a hormone imbalance. In addition, lab testing can determine your hormone levels, and can provide a blueprint for treatment.
How can hormone imbalance be corrected?
The first step is to treat the causes of hormone imbalance when possible. Providing your body with the elements needed to make its own hormones is fundamental. The next step is to supplement with bioidentical hormones to restore deficient hormones.
See the 8 Steps to Achieving HormoneSynergy for an effective approach to optimal aging.
You can find additional information about Bioidentical Hormones here.
* We are a holistic longevity medical practice specializing in age management medicine. We do not prescribe hormones to bodybuilders or anyone looking for isolated improvements in sports performance. No medications or hormones will ever be dispensed by HormoneSynergy Clinic LLC or Dr. Retzler without an in office consultation, comprehensive medical evaluation, laboratory testing, and a prescription. Our clinic does not prescribe growth hormone.